Wednesday 9 December 2015

Protest Evaluation

It was all so worth it! All the hours we spent in the library and time outside of school to try and figure out a creative way for a theme we were uncertain on, paid off. So far we've done so many directed plays that it was refreshing to devise a piece that relied on our own innovative ideas. I have no idea why but me and a majority of the other actors were exhausted and drained after only 20 minutes of performance but I guess it meant we were doing something right.

Throughout the performance we had a persistent high level of audience interaction and thankfully many people were wanting to get involved with our piece. People were willing to talk to me and my group while still being in character. Honestly it was challenging because people would do anything it took to try and make me corpse my character and so I did manage to laugh at certain points. However we received a lot of great reactions at the peaks of our performance when we weren't being in the moment. A lot of people seemed to sympathise with my character and go along the idea of helping me, while others just tried to distract me.

It did take a lot of time for the audience to come in and when my group were coming to the point of a dramatic climate such as the argument and whenever we managed to get a few people they were rushing off to get somewhere. I guess the main positive for groups performing in the cafeteria was that the majority of people were there , whereas we had to wait for people to pass through.A problem that I individually experienced was some people didn't understand I was included in the 'immigrant group' due to the fact that I wondered about to talk to people and came to the other actors when I was supposed to. We had set times and points when we thought it would be best to create a chaotic scene.
















No comments:

Post a Comment